6 Ways to Keep Visitors Coming Back to Your Website
To maintain a successful business website, you have to keep your visitors coming back. Unless you offer them something to come back to, then chances are they will not. You will need content on your website that not only interests them, but also changes regularly.
1. Articles: Articles give your visitor something to read. Undoubtedly, sometime in the future, you customer will have a question, or want more information about the product or service that they received from your business. If the articles pertain to your business and the products and services that you offer, then they will be able to access the information.
You do not necessary have to write these articles yourself.
You can post information about your products directly from the package, or makers website.
There are several article directories online that provide good, quality content at no cost to you. It is as simple as visiting the directories, searching for articles that suit your business, and then copying them into your website. You are only required to provide a link back to the original authors website.
2. Contests: Who does not want to win something? By offering contests (especially if they change frequently) gives your visitors something to come back for. When the visitor signs up for the contest you may also want to include a link to your newsletter.
The key is to change the contest frequently, whether it be weekly, monthly, or semi-annually. Just remember, the more you change your contest the more times your visitors will come back to your site.
3. Coupons: and Discounts- You may want to provide coupons or discounts for your previous clients to entice them to return to your website.
You can use the coupons a number of ways. A few ideas are:
- A buy one get one free.
- A specific percent discount (such as 10%)
- Free or discounted shipping
Discounts are easy to administer, provided you have a shopping cart. The typical way discounts are given is by code. A code word such as “springtime” allows customers with the code word to receive a discount.
Alternately, you may want to provide a printable coupon on your, and accept it at your physical location.
4. Forums: Forums provide something that everyone craves: conversation. If a forum is provided on your site, the visitor will have a reason to visit your website frequently, whether it be to ask a question when help is needed or to keep up on a conversation.
You can host your forum from your site, or choose to use a third party forum, whatever your prefer. Both have their pros and cons, it just comes down to what is best for your business.
5.Blog: Believe It or not, people are interested in what you have to say! A blog will not only allow you to update your clients on your business and life, but it also gives you a great opportunity to add those much needed keywords to your website.
There are quite a few free applications available that make blogging easy.
6.Newsletter: A newsletter is one of the best ways to keep your visitors coming back time and time again.
You will want to include part of a unique article or tip in your newsletter, and then a link to the rest. This will force your viewers to visit your site to get the remainder of the story.
Once again you do not have to write all the content yourself. Using free article directories will cut the time it takes to put a newsletter together in half.